Thursday, June 05, 2003

As usual, the lights are dimmed, and the Mountain Dew holds its lofty position by the keyboard.This year held so many things, and yet it held an absence, too. It holds this absence of all the small things I associated with college and this absence of all those small things I lost after high school.

All of it reminds me of old Barbies still sitting in their clothes, waiting to fulfill dreams and fantasies, of diaries full of " I heart Jimmy...and Adam...etc.", and of mornings in Study Hall. I always hate to remember that I'm forgetting, even if it is the little things like the one boy that came to my kindergarten birthday or how the crazy inside jokes I had with my best friends in junior high. But it is sad, and I can't help to wonder what will replace my memories of today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home