Wednesday, October 08, 2003

When I find a new song that strikes me to the core, I'll hide it from the world. Clutching it to my chest, I don't want the world to change it. But even more, I don't want the world to know it. It's mine, that feeling is mine. Something beautiful and sacred, and I don't want the world to paw and grope at it with the unthinking, grubby hands of adolescents in the darkened make-out room.

It's selfish, I suppose keeping something so moving to myself. I often rationalize that it is a song that I can find the lyrics to on the web, so it is possible that people could stumble across it as randomly as I did. And that the random finding will make it just as special to them as it does to me, because it can be theirs. Sometimes this leaves me feel like a Veruca Salt, waiting for an educated Eggdicater to sort me out. But notice, I have yet to say what song brought all this about.

I want the world, I want the whole world, I want to lock it all up in my pocket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home